Oxford High School Library:
- PowerSearch – includes Gale eBooks, Academic OneFile (scholarly) and General OneFile (popular).
- Gale eBooks (formerly Gale Virtual Reference Library)
- Academic Search Complete
- History Reference Center
- Literary Reference Center
- Poetry & Short Story Reference Center
- Science Reference Center
- Science Online
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection Covers a broad range of subjects in the fields of psychology, behavioral sciences, and related disciplines. For psychologists, counselors, researchers, and students.
Gale eBooks- Suggested Series:
- … For Students series (Novels For Students, Poetry…, Drama…, Short Stories…, etc.)
- Science in Dispute explores controversial topics in science and technology by featuring informative essays, both pro and con, on the major theories, ethical questions and commercial applications of science from all disciplines. 3 volumes.
- History in Dispute by Addresses debated questions by offering critical perspectives on major historical events, drawn from all time periods and from all parts of the globe.
American Era’s: 1600-1899 Select a volume using the grey drop down box. Then use the table of contents below to browse the topics covered for the era.
American Decades: Primary Documents 1900-1999 Select a volume using the grey drop down box. Then use the table of contents below to browse the topics covered for the decade.
American Decades Series Select a volume using the grey drop down box. Then use the table of contents below to browse the topics covered for the decade.
- OU Library Guide Resources from Oakland University
- U of M digital collections- public
- Google Scholar
- Google Books
- Google Cultural Institute exhibits and collections from museums and archives all around the world. Check out “Historic Moments” for online exhibits.
- Google Advanced News Search – Search by location and date
- Google Archived Newspapers – Browse titles, Search old newspapers(think about date, location, and event)
- Newspapers.com access only at school! 4,300+ newspapers from the 1700s–2000s
- Michigan Digital Newspaper Portal Links provide access to some free and some paid newspaper archives
- Chronicling America- Library of Congress Search America’s historic newspaper pages from 1836-1922 or use the U.S. Newspaper Directory to find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present.
Museums and Archives:
Where is your ideal location for primary source information (a city, state, or country? library, museum or archive? university?)
- Digital Public Library of America Publication Date: April 18, 2013 Search thousands of texts, images, audio files, video files, and other resources digitized by libraries and other organizations in the United States.
- World Digital Library Primary materials from countries and cultures around the world (focus on UNESCO member countries). Free of charge and in multilingual format.
- Opening History: U.S. History Resources from Libraries, Museums, and Archives
- Library of Congress- USA
- National Archives- USA
- Access to Archival Databases (National Archives)
- National Museum of American History
- American Panorama Atlas of US History
- Voice of the Shuttle: U.S. History Collection of history resource links, categorized and organized (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- Vincent Voice Library Michigan State University – audio library dating back to 1888
- US Dept of State Office of the Historian
- Archive of California The Online Archive of California (OAC) provides free public access to detailed descriptions of primary resource collections maintained by more than 200 contributing institutions including libraries, special collections, archives, historical societies, and museums throughout California and collections maintained by the 10 University of California (UC) campuses.
- Open Library Over 1,000,000 free ebook titles of the World’s classic literature.
- Archive.org The Internet Archive and Open Library offers over 6,000,000 public domain (copyright expired) eBooks, plus video, audio, and music.
- Hathi Trust HathiTrust is a partnership of major research institutions and libraries working to ensure that the cultural record is preserved and accessible long into the future. There are more than 90 partners in HathiTrust, and membership is open to institutions worldwide.
- Eurpoeana check out exhibits!The European Library is the library aggregator for Europeana, and part of the Europeana family of services.The European Library offers access to the collections of national and research libraries in 46 countries. Researchers can cross-search over 200 million records, including over 24 million pages of full-text content and 10 million digital objects.
- European Library